We’re not going to lie; it’s difficult to think of any cons of a fantastic central air conditioner unit from Carrier when we’re enjoying the luxuries of its installation in the cool, humidity-free indoors this summer. But we thought we’d Google it and see what comes up to help you folks understand why central air is just so amazing.
Here’s what we found.
- Central air conditioners are quieter and more efficient than their room-specific counterparts.
- The system can use the same ductwork as your existing furnace.
- The big, ugly part of the unit can be put outside, tucked out of the way and out of sight.
Cons of central air:
- If your ducts are subpar, your cooling won’t be as efficient as it should be.
- If you have an old AC unit, it costs more to run than a new one.
That’s it! That’s all the cons! Seriously, go check it out if you don’t believe us!
Central air is THE only way to go for these increasingly hot summers. And if you are concerned about your home’s duct work, don’t worry, because as professionals in heating AND cooling, we’re pretty good with the ducts that both systems travel through. OR look at our duct-free options for air conditioning; one of our team members will be happy to walk you through the entire process and help you decide just what is the best option to help keep your indoors the perfect, comfortable temperature, year-round.
Central air. There are only “cons” if you don’t have one yet or need to replace your old one. Call us today at B&R Heating & Cooling and let us help you with all your summertime central air needs!