Making sure your furnace or heat pump is installed correctly is just as important as the equipment itself. That’s why you want to make a smart decision when choosing a heating contractor. Here are a few things to look for:
- Make sure your heating contractor has all the proper licences and certifications required by the area in which you live; you can ask your contractor to show you current copies of these documents.
- Ask your contractor for references, talk to past clients, and look for online reviews. You can also check their rating with the Better Business Bureau. You want to find a contactor with experience and a good reputation in the community,
- Be wary of heating contractors who give estimates over the phone without inspecting your home/system in person first. You want a contractor who looks over your current system and checks for any leaks, inspects the insulation, and asks about any problems you’ve experienced with your current system. They should also survey your home and give you a proposal based on cooling-load calculation.
- Make sure you get the bid in writing. It’s a good idea to get multiple estimates from different heating contractors; however, price alone should not be the determining factor. You’ll want to take into account the experience/reputation of the contractor, any warranties that are being offered, and which routine services are or are not included.
- A contractor or company that has an actual office or shop is good sign that they are around to stay and will be able to follow-up on your warranty, and when maintenance and repairs are needed in the future.
Here at B&R Heating & Cooling, we meet all these requirements and more! We consistently exceed our customers’ expectations and would love the opportunity to earn your business. Give us a call today for more information.